[rescue] Ok, so I went and looked at my Alpha box...

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Jul 17 18:03:51 CDT 2001

And this is what I see:

    It is an Alphaserver 200 4/166,

    with 256 Meg RAM,

    some HD (assume it is a 4 Gig Barracuda ?),

    a CD-ROM drive (Plextor, IIRC),

    and a ZLXp-E3 graphics card (refered to as PBXGA-BA/BN) 24 planes, 8
MB...

Oh, and a dual PCMCIA adapter in a PCI slot ;^)

It looks like a nice box, but I don't know that I ever got it running
anything seriously (maybe NT, as it was the easiest install - sorry
;^)...

Anyway, I can hear Dave McGuire yelling "Schweet! NetBSD will fly on
that box!", but any other thoughts - is this a decent box, a nice box or
a good box? (relative, I suppose, to an SS/5-170 w/TGX, just as a point
of reference...)

Thanks,

Ken