[SunRescue] A new laptop for Reagen...

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Jan 30 09:19:12 CST 2001

Latest XFree86 supports these chips quite well - the great bits in this kit
are:

    80 Meg RAM (64 Meg upgrade to a base laptop are $150)
    SCSI cable (If you can find it, approaching $50 - ends in an HD50
high-density connector)
    Win95 License/media - you won't spend days trying to get OS installed
    10.4" TFT display 800x600 (they are *nice*)
    Built-in pointer - a paw mouse that pops out the side, then tucks back
in

Downside:

    Small HD (1.3 Gig is a good start, but for $155 or so for a 10 Gig drive
at dirtcheapdrives)
    Not P/166 model - the upgraded model has P/166 MMX, 512K cache, and 2
Meg video.
    No PS/2 mouse port on laptop - but built-in mouse compensates in most
cases

    Not sure if P/133 model has cardbus or not PCMCIA slots

HTH,

Ken