[SunRescue] OT Soyo subnotebooks

Dan Lane rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jan 29 04:32:49 CST 2001

Reagen Ward sent the following on Sun, 28 Jan 2001...

> On Sun, Jan 28, 2001 at 01:43:36AM -0600, Bill Bradford wrote:
>
> Oh, I've got a great desktop-replacement laptop, just need something
> much more portable, pref under 4lbs (really want under 3) without going
> to CE.
>
> It doesn't have to be fast, but it needs to be able to have at least
> 64mb of RAM (pref 128), to have a user-replaceable HD, and 800x600 in
> 16bit.  Oh, and it needs a reasonable battery life and preferably USB,
> though serial is acceptable.

One of the guys I share a flat with has a Sony Vaio (the little one with
the Crusoe chip and funky li'l webcam), not exactly cheap but I almost
ruined my trousers when I first saw it!

Having used his Vaio, I am now awaiting the arrival of yet another
credit card with which to purchase a Vaio of my own :)

Dan