[SunRescue] Re: ALMS

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Jan 27 22:16:18 CST 2001

On Sat, Jan 27, 2001 at 09:01:00PM -0800, jcarver wrote:
> Smart move Mike, I finally gave up trying to save a Sparc 10 shipped to me via
> UPS. They really
> had to "work" on this one. They reduced 2/3 of it to half the original height.
> Then after seeing it
> along side a normal one and saying "no problem, we'll pay immediately", it took
> right at 30 days
> for Steve at Pastech to get the check. I'm with you, only more so. If an eBay
> auction seller says
> they only ship UPS, I don't bid.

Back in '98 they completely roached an external 9G SCSI HD I sold and
shipped to a friend.  It took them two weeks to process the damage claim,
and then, they LOST THE CHECK they sent me.  Sent another one, lost it
too.  Finally, I called them up and suggested that they send the third
check to me via Federal Express, so that I could be sure the check got
to me on time and in one piece.

After a few seconds of silence on the other end of the phone, the lady
coldly said "I'm sorry sir, I'm afraid thats not possible."

Meanwhile, the guy in the next cube (who had heard the whole story) was
trying not to laugh and spew coke all over his monitor.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net