[SunRescue] $Re: ALMS

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Jan 27 05:45:44 CST 2001

Regan,
    Check out www.supersellers.net - I got my Portege 650ct there for just <
$200, w/o OS. Add a larger HD (hightechcafe has6 Gig drives for $100), up
the RAM to 80 Meg (another $100) and you have a real nice 800x600 TFT
display, full-size keyboard, P133 w/cache, and 2 Meg Video RAM laptop. Sort
of small form-factor, no built-in CD-ROM, but DeskStation V+ docking
stations can be had cheap (< $50 off eBay).

The vendor also has some older Tecras (700 IIRC?) for less than $350 incl.
internal CD-ROM.

My Portege from them direct would be < $350, incl. Win95 & floppy drive -
mine was without both...

HTH,

Ken