[SunRescue] Wavelans on Suns

David Bryant rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Jan 26 17:34:14 CST 2001

At 05:24 AM 01/26/2001 , you wrote:
>Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 04:16:30 -0600
>From: Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net>
>To: rescue at sunhelp.org
>Subject: [SunRescue] 802.11b cards under Solaris?
>
>Anybody know if Solaris 8 supports any of the PCMCIA 802.11b
>wireless ethernet cards?
>
>Bill

Google is your friend (or at least mine)...

Did some drilling around and came up with the following:
ftp://ftp.rdi.com/pub/pcmcia/Solaris/RDIwlan.tar.gz

It's a Solaris package. From the included pkginfo file I extracted the
following:

         NAME=RDI WaveLAN Wireless Ethernet Driver
         ARCH=Sparc
         VERSION=1.0 (Preliminary)
         DESC=PowerLite WaveLan PCMCIA Driver

It might be what you need. Now what I need is a SBUS PCMCIA adapter. I've
got the Sun(s), and I've got the WaveLan(s). Just need to get them together. :)

Let us know if you get it working.

David