[SunRescue] Given an orphan IPX with sunpc card... now what?

Matthew Haas rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Jan 26 17:21:25 CST 2001

On Fri, 26 Jan 2001, Kurt Mosiejczuk wrote:

> Probably 4 meg, since as far as I know, the IPX doesn't like 8 meg.

On a related note- there was a suggestion dropped on the list pertaining
to the SPARCstation LX being able to take 8 and 32MEG modules in the first
bank... I would like to confirm that this indeed is true, at least for the
8MEGs, as I witnessed such a spectacle- 8's in bank 1, 16's in bank 2, and
4's in bank 3... for a grand total of 56MEGs (8+8 + 16+16 + 4+4).

> > I know the IPX is useful on OpenBSD or NetBSD, but, what can one do
> > with the sunpc card, and what is required to use it?
>
> Don't know on this one.  Although I'll concur that OpenBSD runs like
> a champ.

More or less proprietary hardware- need the SunPC software (available for
SunOS or Solaris)... would be nice though :)

 -    |||       Atari 8-bit!  Star Wars * SPARCbook 3GX * SUMMER!!    -
-     |||      400/800/XL/XE  Battlestar: Galactica * SPARC * Linux    -
- |  | | |  | 2600/5200/7800  NetBSD1.4.2 * StarTrek * Galaga * SCSI   -
 - ||  |  ||     Lynx/Jaguar  Star Raiders * Descent * Voltron * UNIX -