[SunRescue] DHCP Servers for Solaris?

John Duksta rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Jan 26 16:34:27 CST 2001

Paul,

Get the ISC DHCP server. It just works.

http://www.isc.org/products/DHCP/

If I remember correctly, a 'configure; make; make install'
is all you should have to do to get this up and running.

Course, you'll have to read the man page for dhcpd.conf,
and hack that file up. But it comes with some samples
that you can base your config on.

For a small home network, I've found it to be rock solid.

One little oddity about it however... When you update the
config, you would think that you would just want to give
it a -HUP and it would reread the config. Unfortunately,
-HUPing it kills the server process. So, when you make
config changes, you have to kill it and restart it.
No big deal though.

-john