[SunRescue] Re: Given an orphan IPX with sunpc card... now what?

Chris Powell rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Jan 26 10:47:26 CST 2001

On Fri, 26 Jan 2001, BSD Bob the old greybeard BSD freak wrote:

> As luck would have it, I was given an orphan IPX box, with what looks
> like 3 ram sticks (4m or 8m, not sure yet), and a sunpc card.
>
> I know the IPX is useful on OpenBSD or NetBSD, but, what can one do
> with the sunpc card, and what is required to use it?

To be able to use the SunPC card you need the SunPC software - version
3.5 for SunOS 4.1.x and 4.0-4.2 for SunOS 5.x. You will be able to
run MS-DOG, Windoze 3.1 or even 95 in a X-window on your Sun desktop.

The cards are pretty plentiful (usually some on eBay, often one on
ebay.co.uk). Getting the software is the trick....