[SunRescue] sun2 netbooting help

Matthew Fredette rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Jan 26 07:37:06 CST 2001

Hi.  I have a sun-2/120 that I'd like to netboot.  I found the old
SunOS man page on the ND protocol, and I have written a new ND server
using it as a reference.

Well, the man page must be incomplete or I don't understand it,
because the sun-2 doesn't like any of the packets I send back.  It
always asks for the first 1024 bytes of the disk again.

Does anyone have a sun-2 that they're netbooting using ND?  If so,
can you send me a tcpdump of the first ten packets or so of the
exchange, beginning at power-up?  A good command line would be:

tcpdump -e -s 1500 -x -vvvv -c 10 proto 77

Thanks!

Matt

--
Matt Fredette
fredette at aquery.com, fredette at mit.edu, fredette at theory.lcs.mit.edu
http://mit.edu/fredette/www
"If you understood everything I said, you'd be me."  - Miles Davis