[SunRescue] solaris 2.6 on a large eide drive

steve price rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Jan 25 14:33:23 CST 2001

ok, i'm suffereing a brain disconnect today.  is there
any disk size restriction built in 2.6 that would
prevent it from being installed on a 20gb or larger
eide drive?

i would like to install 8, 7 and 2.6 if possible in a
multi-slice/multi-boot scenario on my test/desktop
system to support all the o/s in the buildings....

8 & 7 went fine onto their own slices, but one time i
tried this awhile back it turned my drive into an 8gb.

if i remember right, 2.6 wouldn't let me protect the
already created other slices during the install like 7
& 8 did....

any words of wisdom besides a second smaller disk??

//regards