[SunRescue] poor man's wireless ethernet

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Jan 23 06:59:39 CST 2001

On Tue, Jan 23, 2001 at 05:03:59AM -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:
> On January 22, Bill Bradford wrote:
> > I gave away 2 or 3 older RangeLAN/ISA cards a couple months back,
> > but they only worked with win3.1 and below, and no TCP/IP...
>   RangeLAN?  Wassat?

Older stuff from Proxim; the first-generation wireless
networking cards.  You can do 802.11b with the RangeLAN/2 stuff under
Linux/Windows, but the original RangeLAN cards only did Windows
peer-to-peer networking (NetBIOS/NetBEUI?) and not TCP/IP...

damn, even ebay prices for 802.11b stuff are up near retail.
looks like ill be waiting another six months.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net