[SunRescue] Re: Rescue digest, Vol 1 #897 - 6 msgs

Ed Pate rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jan 22 08:54:52 CST 2001

--------------A07C50421AC558F34A59D3AB

Craig,
    Is that the "free" distribution or the full distribution?

Ed

> Message: 3
> Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 11:12:58 -0500
> Subject: Re: [SunRescue] Max. Size Hard Disk Installable in SparcStorage
>         Array Model 100?
> From: Craig Steinberger <cjs at pobox.com>
> To: <rescue at sunhelp.org>
>
> A nice resource for the SSAs is: http://www.columbia.edu/~marg/misc/ssa/
>
> Volume Manager is NOT included in the Solaris 8 distribution disk.
>
> on 1/19/01 11:21 AM, Corda Albert J DLVA at CordaAJ at NSWC.NAVY.MIL wrote:
>

> > Now that I've got my SparcServer 1000 running, I'd like
> > to try the Storage Array that came with it (It looks like
> > a model 100, but the model number on the back indicates
> > model 1010) . I did a doc search on the sun web site,
> > but was unable to come up with anything that covered basic
> > installation and configuration of this critter.
> > I did find some stuff on using it, having to do with the
> > Volume Manager software (which I _hope_ is included in
> > the Solaris 8 distribution disk! ) but the docs mention
> > nothing about hardware setup/configuration.
>
> --
> Craig Steinberger
> cjs at pobox.com

--------------A07C50421AC558F34A59D3AB

begin:vcard
n:Pate;Ed
tel;fax:904-359-3904
tel;work:904-359-2401
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
org:CSX Technology;MidTier Strategic
adr:;;550 Water St, J976;Jacksonville;FL;32202;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:Ed_Pate at CSX.com
title:Engineer - Technical Architecture
fn:Ed Pate