[SunRescue] Cheap Nifty Gadgets

flinters rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Jan 19 15:17:12 CST 2001

James B and I are using the original Xcam series.  We've got two mounted
outside pointing at the driveway and at our front door step where we
receive packages.  These devices run an NTSC signal nicely through several
walls without a problem.  They do need light though- even though they are
1/4" CCD's, they do not handle low light levels at all well.  If you can
provide lots of light for them, they are fine.  Nice thing about the
transmitters is that they take any NTSC signal and broadcast it.  You can
take the output from a VCR if you wanted and broadcast it to any number or
transmitters.

* Flinthoof Ponypal                                                 *
* Vegaman Dan                                                       *
* http://jarmac.picarefy.com            Ponypics!                   *
* http://jarmac.picarefy.com/spitfire   1968 Triumph Spitfire       *
* http://jarmac.picarefy.com/roomies    Roomies! online comic strip *