[SunRescue] OT: Titanium Anodizing

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Jan 18 17:49:58 CST 2001

emp7 at cornell.edu writes:

>Anodized titanium is just cool.  Iridescent rainbows, like oil slicks
>captured in metal.

When I got married I wanted our wedding rings to be uncut industrial
grade diamonds in titanium. I managed to get the diamonds (1.5 Kt for $35
apiece) but I couldn't get the titanium in time! I only found really
large sheets for sale...

(Our engagement rings were plastic "Hello Kitty" stamp-pad rings. $0.99)

Wound up just going with engraved silver (part of the engraving was
a "glider" from Conway's Life) - I still have the diamonds sitting
around somewhere.

--- david fischer --- dave at cca.org --- www.cca.org -----------------------