[SunRescue] Dumb problem...

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Jan 18 13:00:26 CST 2001

I am just getting around to setting up my SS/5 85 w/S24 framebuffer, and
there is something annoying: The cursor in SOlaris 7 (haven't tried others)
has a pixel that is on, down and to the right of the cursor. It is as if the
image  (or sprite, for those of us with Atari programming exp) has a bit
that is turned on by mistake.

Is this a known problem?

Is there an easy work-around?

BTW - Solaris 7 installs in an SS/5 85 MHz w/32 Meg RAM, but I would never
say it "Runs in 32 Meg" ;^) I forgot to add more SS/5 RAM before I started
the install. SPeaking of RAM, what is the order for filling the slots? With
the connectors/back of the unit facing me, do I start in the DIMM sockect
closest to me, or furthest away, and do I have to start with the
highest-density DIMM first?

Thanks,

Ken