[SunRescue] Wanted in UK

David Cantrell rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jan 17 05:44:06 CST 2001

I'm looking for a couple of IPCs and some 411 external SCSI boxes, in the
UK.  Preferably London area.  The IPCs should be filled with RAM (32Mb at
minimum) and have a hard disk (a gig would be nice).  AUI -> RJ45
transceivers would be nice too, but not necessary.  As for the 411s, if
they have a decent-sized disk in them that's great, but I don't really
mind, provided the sled is still in there.

In exchange, I have the following available:
  NeXT Color Turbo slab, with non-ADB keyboard and mouse, speaker, and
    monitor.  All in matching black :-)  The monitor does not power on.
  Acorn A7000 w 2Mb RAM.  Will work with PS/2 keyboard and mouse and a
    VGA monitor.  Whilst this machine *looks* like it was stolen from a
    school (the 'security' device is still in place), I know that it is
    kosher.
  Acorn A4 laptop, with power supply and trackball.
  IBM PS/2 server with CD-ROM and hardware RAID, and crammed full of
    disks.  Needs new internal SCSI cable.
  3 of generic 486 machines, 8Mb, small hard disk, NIC.  Would make
    useful little firewall or DNS cache machines.  These currently
    have a bastardised version of Zipslack (Slackware derivative)
    installed.

Oh, and if anyone has a copy of Adaptec Easy-CD I could borrow, I'll be
your friend for life :-)  Yes, it would be legal, cos I got a copy with
my CD burner, but I can't find the install disk now.

--
David Cantrell | david at cantrell.org.uk | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david/

   Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced