[SunRescue] Apple Network Server

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Jan 16 22:14:35 CST 2001

legodude at home.net writes:

>Yup. They're big, decently fast and useful, have the neat Apple logo on
>them. They're rare, PPC, AIX, etc. I suppose I could get a plain Power/
>PPC IBM box to run AIX but it wouldn't be as cool. I could put a Sun

I think a big rack-mount RS/6000 out-cools the ANS, though the ANS
definately wins on obscurity points.

>logo on it and then really confuse people. "Hey phil, look at my new
>mac" It's easily the coolest product apple ever made, I just have no
>idea where to get something like this.

Rebadging isn't that rare. CDC used to sell rebadged SGIs. Lots of
computers in the 70s were really PDP-11s under the skins. (Pre-clipper
Intergraph workstations, etc. (Ok, maybe not "lots".))

-------- david fischer -------- dave at cca.org -------- www.cca.org --------
---------- never let reason stand in the way of self-confidence ----------