[SunRescue] SS10/SS5 comparison questions

Tim Ikeda rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jan 15 15:06:59 CST 2001

James <james at foonly.com> replied to my questions about the
differences between the SS5 & SS10 and which to buy...
[...]
>IMHO the SS10 is a far better machine for the same money.  Then again,
>a SS20 is better still and usually only slightly more expensive (and
>can get reasonably fast 24-bit graphics on the cheap).
[...]

If a SS20 drops out of the sky (and lands on something soft) I'd
certainly take one. But I haven't seen many in my price range.

Thanks for the info. So, to get 24-bit graphics on an SS10 I'd
need to find a GX card (cgfourteen)? Well, I can easily live with
8-bit color.

Regards,
Tim Ikeda (tikeda at sprintmail.com)