[SunRescue] UK Help!!!

Mike Hebel rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jan 15 10:17:45 CST 2001

>>Was wondering if any of you UK people (I know now that there are loads of
>>you :) know where I can get a cheap supply of network dongles to allow
>>me to run a sparc2 on my RJ45 network?

E-Bay UK.  They should cost you about $5 each.  Don't pay more than that for
them.

>>A friend gave me one for my sparc2 but now I need about 4 or 5 I can't
>>seem to find any... perhaps I am looking for the wrong thing!

AUI -> RJ45 Transceivers is the term you're looking for.  Sometimes just
listed as AUI transceivers.

>>Also, I am looking for a serial cable for an IPC, any ideas?

Macintosh modem cable with a null-modem attached to it.  9600,N,8,1 - VT100
emulation should be fine.

Hope this clears things up!

Mike Hebel