[SunRescue] cable ties!

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jan 15 01:25:27 CST 2001

Anybody else as obsessed and anal about cable ties as I am? 8-)

Just finished tidying up my "entertainment center" ( a 6' tall, 6' wide,
18' deep, 3-shelf Metro shelving unit on big 3' wheels).  Cable-tied all
of the cables to the shelves and down along the posts if necessary.  no
more spaghetti mess!  Now, if I need to work on something behind the
TV/cable box/VCR/TiVo/Nintendo, I just wheel it out and work from the
back.

I used about half a bag of 6' yellow zipties.  Amy came in and was like
"you're obsessed.  I swear". 8-)

Also used some of the Velcro reusable ones, but those arent quite as
satisfying as cinching up one of the plastic ones and going "NOW
THAT CABLE IS *NOT* GOING TO MOVE." 8-)

Bill (I even assembled a chain-link-fence dog kennel once using
cable ties - it would have taken too long to use the included metal
wire things to attach the chainlink to the posts, so we just used
zipties instead.. worked GREAT...)

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net