EEPROM burners (was Re: [SunRescue] Bootroms)

James Lockwood rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Jan 14 17:59:51 CST 2001

On Sun, 14 Jan 2001, Dave McGuire wrote:

>   So, from my experience, the ISA-bus programmers tie you to their
> proprietary DOS or WinDoze software, so one must find a good unit that
> has a serial port.  These types of programmers are more expensive than
> the "plug it into your PeeCee!" ones, but are well worth it, IMO.

They're regularly available (serial port programmers) for under $150.
That's what I bought mine for in '93 and it came with full documentation
on how to send programming commands.  I've seen them on clearance for $99
(HSC Electronics, Sacramento).

Don't remember the model number offhand, I can look it up if there's
interest.  Takes Motorola S-code by default.

-James