Mail tools (was Re: [SunRescue] RE: Solaris 1.1 on a 4/330)

Tim Harrison rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Jan 14 16:13:20 CST 2001

"Peter L. Wargo" wrote:

> Ya know, as much as I hate to admit it, I use outlook express to check my
> mail.  Why?  because I am ADDICTED to my iBook, and the ability to
> wirelessly check my mail wherever I am in the house.  What pains me is that
> Mickeysoft's mac group is putting out some really good software - OE and IE
> for the mac are way better than Eudora Pro and Netscape.  Sad, but true.

Whatever works, works.  I use pine because it's simple, portable, and
works on every damned OS I work on (okay, well, almost every one).  If
I'm in Tibet (which is not likely), I can ssh in, and type "pine", and
bingo, there's mail.  At home, I do like to use Netscape Mail.  It's
just easier, as I'm using IMAP on my remote mail server.

> It kind of leaves me torn, 'till I think: "Well, I imagine being a mac
> developer at mickeysoft is a tough row to hoe, so I have to admire 'em"

If you were a Mac developer, would you want to work for Microsoft?  And
I doubt Microsoft really feels all that huggy about their Mac
developers.  They're a "necessary evil", I'd say.  I'd rather use
Netscape, but that's just me.  I've removed IE from my Macs.  Just need
Netscape, and I'm a happy camper.

--

Tim Harrison
Network Engineer