[SunRescue] RE: Solaris 1.1 on a 4/330

Dave McGuire rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Jan 14 12:18:49 CST 2001

On January 14, Tim Harrison wrote:
> >   "You can't have a zebra without its stripes."
>
> We've had a few of those talks already.  I think she's beginning to
> understand.

  Good.  I've seen a lot of these sorts of problems...in situations in
which the geek in question is willing to try to talk things out and
really *explain* things, I've found that any Significant Other (men
and women alike) that a geek is willing to spend any time with in the
first place will usually be receptive.

  Several times, I've been pleasantly surprised when a Significant
Other (mine or someone else's) actually starts to develop an interest
in this stuff as well!  It seems that lots of people can get "hooked"
on the stories and lore of the early computer industry.

> >   Where are you again, Tim?  I'm in Laurel, MD, right off of Route 95
> > between the DC and Baltimore beltways.
>
> Peekskill, NY.  Right on the Hudson (you can see it's chemical glow at
> night through the bedroom windows).

  Ahh, the Hudson!  Is it true that anyone falling into the water gets
rushed to an emergency medical facility immediately?  Man, the
Chesapeake Bay is starting to get that bad.  Of course, the "public"
blames it all on us powerboaters, when those huge factories up in
Baltimore keep pumping enormous amounts of lumpy brown garbage into
the water.  *sigh*

  But yes, I suppose that makes you reasonably close. :)

         -Dave McGuire