[SunRescue] OT: Construction!

jcarver rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Jan 14 00:21:18 CST 2001

Haven't tried direct application of drywall compound. But I have used
1/4 sheetrock glued/nailed
over the old paneling. Then taped and mudded as normal.  I usually have
to purchase it from a
sheetrock trade type supplier. To apply mud directly to the paneling
successfully you will probably
need to either roughen up the surface and or apply a filler
sealer-primer. The 1/4 sheetrock is the
easiest and best looking solution. Probably not what you wanted to hear.

jim