[SunRescue] Rant on industry employment practices, was RE: 16MB memory module for Voyager

Kurt Mosiejczuk rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Jan 11 09:42:50 CST 2001

On 9 Jan 2001, Gregory Leblanc wrote:

> Yeah, 350lbs.  The thing has more steel in the frame than my friends new
> car.  :)
>
>     Greg

Ten years ago towards the end of a less-than-successful freshman year for
myself, the place I was at (Computer Science House @ RIT) held a "printer
smash".  They had something similar to that LG02 (may have been one but
I don't know) that had given up the ghost in a big bad way.  So, they held
a fund raiser for $1/hit with a sledge hammer.

  God, that thing was built like a tank.  I only got one piece off it, I still
use it as a door stop.  Oh, and I got a mention at the house meeting that
week for contributing almost $25 to the fundraiser (I had a BAD week that week)
=)

--Kurt