[SunRescue] Re: O.T. Dec Stuff

Robert Rose rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Jan 11 04:25:24 CST 2001

Well I got one of the Multia's at the auction, it cost a little more
than I expected and now it seems a trifle sick.  Plugging in a keyboard
and monitor and applying power shows a nice black screen with a block
cursor in the bottom right hand corner.  Using a serial console instead
gives the following and no more:

Multia SRM Console  BL3 X3.5-72, built on Nov 30 1994 at 18:22:35
Testing Memory from 800000 to 1dd0000 ...
Setting console to Boot mode...

I guess it's the battery?  4.5Volt 600 - 800mAh if my limited research
is worth anything.  Current one (no pun intended) is a Rayovac 840, but
what are my chances of finding a replacement one in Australia?  Bugger!

Rob