[SunRescue] note on living expenses

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jan 10 21:25:23 CST 2001

CompUSA has D-Link cards for $99 on sale. Not sure about non-MS OS
compatbility though.

I got 2 3Com cards, and a Linksys accesspoint - I have the accesspoint, DSL
modem and router all on a small UPS (350 VA), it should last as long as my
laptop battery if the power drops (couple hours), but I haven't doem the
math yet.

Accesspoints are nice, in that they use much less power than a PC (the
Linksys unit has a 5 Volt, 2 Amp PS) - *much* less than a typical PC...

Ken