[SunRescue] note on living expenses

Dave McGuire rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jan 10 16:55:31 CST 2001

On January 10, dave at cca.org wrote:
> What exactly *is* the Sky board? (I know it does floating point - is
> it an array processor, or just a normal co-proc board? What CPU, etc?)
>
> Were tere VME Sky boards, or just multibus? Were those made obsolete
> by the TAAC boards?

  I think they were multibus only.  I recall one very large (64-pin,
maybe) DIP on the board, maybe one of those fancy TRW high-speed
multipliers or something.  I have several of these boards packed
away...I'll see if I can unearth one and see what it's got on it.
They sure are neat.  Definitely not an array processor, though.

        -Dave McGuire