[SunRescue] OT: Dec stuff at auction

Robert Rose rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jan 10 03:27:36 CST 2001

At the local weekly computer auction, we occasionally get some
non-PeeCee stuff come up (it's the only reason I ever go) and quite
often it goes really cheap (e.g. Sparc LX for $AUS40).  Anyway
tomorrow's auction has the following interesting items:

Dec VAXStation 4000 VLC
2 x Dec Multia (Alpha)

Now I know very little about Dec stuff (about as much as I can get from
searching Google), so I'm wondering if anyone on the list can provide
advice on

1. What this stuff might be worth.
2. If this stuff is worth bidding on at all.
3. If I manage to beat the SIMM sluts (will buy _anything_ if they can
make a profit on selling the RAM out of it), what are my chances of ever
getting an operating system to run on them.

Anyway, replies to me in person are fine (to keep the OT stuff off the
list), flames to /dev/null as usual.

Rob.