[SunRescue] Rant on industry employment practices, was RE: 16MB

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Jan 9 17:37:52 CST 2001

gleblanc at cu-portland.edu writes:

>I think that I've got you beat.  I've got a Digital LG02 just sitting
>here looking for a home.  Anybody familiar with these?  1100
>lines/minute at full carridge width (greenbar, whatever width that is),
>does up to 7 layer forms without missing a beat (or jamming), and has a
>super-straight paper path, especially good for sticky labels.  So,
>anybody in the Pac NW want one of these?  If you want it shipped, you
>pay for a carrier to show up with a crate, and ship it to you.  It's
>slightly larger than our Vax 4000-400 (a metre tall, .65m deep, .90m
>wide), but it's got nice casters so you can roll it around.  This
>particular unit even has a Vax Parallel port in addition to it's RS-232
>port.  It was on a service contract from Digital, err, Compaq, until a
>month ago.  (I'd REALLY like to not dumpster this item).  Make me an
>offer...

Hey, we've got one of those I think we'd like to give to a good home.
("I think" because everyone in our group except one person wants it
*gone*, but Mike likes it...) Actually, I'm not sure what model it is,
but it's an LGxx and stands about four feet high. Came with our VAX 6000.
(6250? Why can I never remember DEC model numbers?)

So there's one in the NW and one in the NE. :-)

-------- david fischer -------- dave at cca.org -------- www.cca.org --------
---------- never let reason stand in the way of self-confidence ----------