[SunRescue] OT: natural gas prices

Alistair MacDonald rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Jan 9 05:23:41 CST 2001

Yup. I'd agree with that. Similar setup, same location.

The moral of this? If you try to keep all the good computers you get to pay the electricity bills. If you want to ship some of them over here to use poor Europeans who can't get them so easily (had to pay 17.5% VAT on the price AND THE POSTAGE on the last import 8-( ), then we might have a bit more sympathy 8-)

Alistair

amy <turtlex at frenzy.com> wrote:

> i'm thinkin austin, texas. i'm thinkin four computers (small ones), tweo
> monitors, two people, one small house.
> i'm thinkin 650$/ per month electric bills.

Ouch!

I'm thinking London.  I'm thinking more computers than that, more monitors
than that.  Admittedly only one person.  I'm thinking that my *yearly*
electric bill is less than that.