[SunRescue] Video editing on Indys.

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Jan 7 01:54:31 CST 2001

On Sun, Jan 07, 2001 at 01:02:40AM -0600, Reagen Ward wrote:
> Only good one is Harmony, and it's big $$$.  Cheaper to get a G4 Mac, as it
> comes with iMovie (not harmony, but still ok for basic stuff).
> Reagen

Will iMovie handle MPEG-1/2, or just Quicktime?

I currently like my setup - TiVo, outputting to a VisionTech MVCast
MPEG-2 card in my Windows 2000 machine (AMD 700Mhz, 256mb, 20G HD);
I then use FLASKMpeg and VirtualDub to change the DVD-quality (and
BIG) MPEG file down to MPEG-1 resolution and quality, then either
convert to DivX ;-) (hacked MS codec .avi) or burn VCDs off of the
MPEG-1 files.  Lets me archive TV shows nicely.  Some people might
bitch about the quality, but MPEG-1 is VHS-quality and good enough
for anything I need.

I finally got software that will let me offload the MPEG-2 to MPEG-1
conversion to the Ultra 60, too.  I'm debating moving the capture
card over there as well, since it also has Solaris/SPARC drivers.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford | email: mrbill at mrbill.net  ICQ: 1864511
Austin, TX    | MSN Messenger: bigroundeye at hotmail.com