[SunRescue] Router vs. PC with router/firewall software...

Chris Byrne rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Jan 6 16:34:36 CST 2001

Once again, I find myself ins a "Me too" situation. The only reason I bother
is because I'm a professional security engineer, so hopefully my "me too"
might be a bit more useful.

I've set up literally thousands of firewalls, and I can safely say that
OpenBSD with IPFilter is the most secure freely available firewall. The
only compromises you make when going with it rather than a commercial firewall
are the prepackaged managability and compatability tools, and the lack of
integrated VPN capabilities, both of which are easily wrked around.

Chris Byrne