[SunRescue] Router vs. PC with router/firewall software...

James Lockwood rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Jan 5 12:22:37 CST 2001

On Fri, 5 Jan 2001, Mike Hebel wrote:

> I don't know...how does Solaris compare to OpenBSD for security?

Both can be either great or terrible.  OpenBSD comes more secure out of
the box, but hardware support, poor threading and a very BSD-centric view
of IP stack design keep me from using it as much as I could.

Whatever you run, I recommend using IPfilter by Darren Reed.  I've been
using it since the SunOS 4 days and it's been incredibly useful.

-James