[SunRescue] Router vs. PC with router/firewall software...

James Lockwood rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Jan 5 12:18:22 CST 2001

On Fri, 5 Jan 2001, David Cantrell wrote:

> There are other choices too.  I use leafnode.  It seems to do the same as
> nntpcache.  It too can look like a 'normal' news server.  The way I use it

Leafnode functions much more like a traditional news server, and support
for on the fly caching of new groups is minimal compared with NNTPcache.
It also doesn't seem to scale anywhere near as well, I've used NNTPcache
in front of INN on a LAN just to boost local performance (not surprising
as INN has terrible fs bottlenecks in most installations).

I recommend trying both.

-James