[SunRescue] are Ultra CPUs really this expensive?

Paul Phillips rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jan 3 19:05:56 CST 2001

I have this neat Axil Ultima 1 that has a 167mhz CPu in a slot.  Some kind
folks have taken a look a photos I posted, and told me that I can upgrade
this with an Ultra 2 compatible CPU.  Just the other day, I saw a 300mhz
Ultra 2 processor on ebay at around $400.00, and the bidding wasn't done
yet!

Is this the going rate?  Seems awfully high for 300mhz...
(If so, I guess my 167 mhz will have to last me quite awhile!)

Thanks,
Paul

Paul Phillips
Director of Orchestral Activities, Meadows School of the Arts
Southern Methodist University

"You must sing every note you play, sing even through the rests!"
Arturo Toscanini