[SunRescue] Re: OT NeXT question

Mike Hebel rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jan 3 13:58:36 CST 2001

>>> Now, all I need is a functioning CD-ROM drive.  Found out the Sun
>>> bootable one we bought from eBay is borked.  Spits out SCSI errors like
>>> crazy.  Doesn't work on SGI, Sun, or NeXT.  Urgh.  Buyer beware, I
>>> suppose.
>>>

>>Was this from the place in New Hampshire or was this one of the Dutch
>>auction ones?

Hmmm...I won't buy CD-Rom drives off of E-Bay any more since I got stuck
with three external Toshiba drives with the "odd" wide proprietary
connector - think old Bernoulli drives.  (Wide drives too - about the width
of a VCR and non-removable from the case!)

They're easy enough to find.  Let me dig through my pile of stuff and see if
I have a Toshiba 5301 I can send you - I might just have one to spare.

Mike Hebel