[SunRescue] Re: OT NeXT question

Sam Creasey rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jan 3 10:03:28 CST 2001

On Wed, 3 Jan 2001, Don McClure wrote:

> Its a 25 mhz mono slab. Is it true that 32 megs is the maximum ram for these
> puppies? Would an earlier version of NextStep (3.3?) run better then
> Openstep 4.2 that's already installed given the limited ram?

Mine's running with 8x4mb simms, for 32megs...  which is the most I've
ever known someone to accomplish.

I have heard rumors that there were 8mb 30pin "mac server" simms which the
NeXT slabs are supposed to eat, which would let you install 64mb.  But
nobody I've spoken to has ever even encountered the memory, much less
tested it in a next.

-- Sam

Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as
kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to
repetitive music.
        -- Unknown