[SunRescue] (way OT): Pallets

Steve Hatle rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Jan 2 20:52:34 CST 2001

A Harley dealer in the southern Twin Cities often has free pallets that the
bikes are shipped in on. They're not standard, but they are great for down
in our basement where we sometimes get a little water in the spring, so it's
nice to keep things off the floor.

And they have "Harley Davidson" branded into 'em <grin>

Places that have a lot of stuff come in and out fast tend to have lots of
pallets. Grocery warehouses and stores, discount stores, Sam's Club. The
tire wholesaler I used to work for had tons of 'em, too. If you only need a
couple, go talk to the dock manager or the warehouse manager, and I'll bet
they'll let you take a couple, especially if you give them a 12 pack of beer
somewhere in the process. <grin>

Steve