[SunRescue] E450 with 200MHz CPUs?

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Jan 2 13:55:10 CST 2001

On Tue, Jan 02, 2001 at 11:17:09AM -0800, James Lockwood wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Jan 2001, Mattias Paulsson wrote:
> > Another note about the CPUs (I'm not at work at the moment so I can not
> > check the partnumbers) they have some beige plastic thingy attached to
> > them where I usally expect to find a metallic heatsink (?).
> The plastic things are normal, and are in fact required when CPUs are
> installed in a 450.
> -James

U60 too I'm guessing (there' there on my 360Mhz modules)... the heatsink is
UNDER the plastic. 8-)

Bill (having bad flashbacks to the foam in an E150.. "hey, are we supposed to
      tear this out?  is it shipping packing?" - fortunately we didnt rip it
      out...)

--
Bill Bradford       |    "Do you expect me to talk?"
mrbill at mrbill.net   |    "No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die!"