[SunRescue] E450 with 200MHz CPUs?

Mattias Paulsson rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Jan 2 13:05:16 CST 2001

> Happen to have a 450 manual here at my desk. It says nothing
> about limiting speed to 250, but it does say that all 4 CPUs must match
> speeds, all must be UltraSPARC II,  and to fill the processors from 4 to 1.

Ok, the CPUs are installed in B2 and A2 and the machine seems to work just fine (will install it laster this week, then I will know for sure).

Another note about the CPUs (I'm not at work at the moment so I can not check the partnumbers) they have some beige plastic thingy attached to them where I usally expect to find a metallic heatsink (?).

So this might be a E450 with CPUs from a UltraSPARC Station 2 then? Sounds goofy to me but as long as it works I'm just fine.

----
M.Paulsson - Perl programmer / systems architect / protector of squids

"- Plus the Camel maskot is a hell of a lot cooler than a cup of coffee!!"