[SunRescue] Unknown board

Martin Frost rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Feb 28 14:42:22 CST 2001

Ron Mitchell wrote:

> Board is approx. 6" x 61/2".    Has four processors soldered on.  each are
> marked with;

> TMX390Z50GF

> There are two large heat sinks, one for each pair.

> The opposite side of the board has two SCSi connections.    If anyone can
> help, pls e-mail me at ron at cpacinc.com or call me at 800-778-2722.   Thank
> you.

Sounds like an SM520/521/52x board.

They give you two 50MHz SuperSPARCs each with 1Mb of E-cache, equivalent
to two SM51 modules but only using one MBus slot. They allow four CPUs
in a SS10/20/600.

SM520/521 are for the SS600, SM52x for SS10/20.

The bit about two connectors is puzzling, though. I've only ever seen
a board with one. It's not a SCSI connector, btw: it's an MBus connector.

If anyone has a spare SM520, I'm interested, as I have two 521s but
only one 520. OTOH, if anyone wants to buy a 521, let me know. ;)

--m