[SunRescue] Fw: Use PayPal? [OT]

Mike Nicewonger rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Feb 28 14:20:32 CST 2001

I have been having a lot of problems with them. here is a snipet of a letter
I recieved from a vendor I buy from. Names change to protect the victems:

------------------PAYPAL RESPONSE BELOW----------------------

Dear Mr. <name deleted>,

Thank you for contacting PayPal.

Effective December 19, 2000, Mastercard will no longer allow PayPal to
support withdrawals to your Mastercard debit or credit card.  If you have
already confirmed your Mastercard and wish to withdraw funds, we encourage
you to register and confirm a Visa debit or credit card to complete your
withdrawals.

I apologize for any inconvenience.  However, issuing credits to debit and
credit cards is a fairly new transaction type that MasterCard and Visa are
beginning to explore, but it is not a transaction type that is fully
supported.  VISA and MasterCard are currently developing programs to permit
fund transfers to their cards, and PayPal is discussing with them ways to
participate so that our members can transfer funds to their cards in a
manner approved by both associations.  Until these programs are fully
developed we will not be allowing withdrawals to either MasterCard or Visa.
Withdrawals to Visa will no longer be available as of March 7, 2001, and
withdrawals to MasterCard will not be offered in the near future.
Following March 7, International accounts will need to register a bank
account with PayPal in order to withdraw funds.  Please note that this new
withdrawal policy will not affect your ability to use your VISA or
MasterCard to send PayPal payments.