[SunRescue] SunBlade 100 pricing and it's effect on the used market

Hatle, Steven J. rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Feb 28 13:03:36 CST 2001

All,

Does it seem safe to assume that the wide introduction of the SB100 is going
to drive the prices of all the existing used U1/5/10's and pre-Ultra
machines into the toilet?

Why would I buy a used U10 for approx. $1400.00 (current e-bay prices) when
the low-end and "medium" config of the SB100 are cheaper or the same price?
(I haven't studied the SB100 specs in detail, so if there's a gotcha, please
point it out to me).

With first generation Ultra prices already declining, it seems to me that
this will only accelerate the price slide of those boxes, not to mention the
pre-Ultra Sun-4 arch boxes.

I think it's a good time to be an old hardware scrounge! <grin>

A friend has ordered an SB100 already. When it gets in and I get a chance to
look and play, I'll report up to the list.

Steve

Steve Hatle
VUE - a Pearson company
shatle at vue.com