[SunRescue] MP3 collections

James Lockwood rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Feb 23 17:58:16 CST 2001

On Fri, 23 Feb 2001, Joshua D. Boyd wrote:

> I've used the ZX board.  I don't know how obscure it is.  Apparently it is
> slower than the GT.  Also, I used an old VME board that was used for image

Nothing is slower than the GT for 2D bitblitting.

Having used cg8's, cg9's, a GT, a GS (cg12), an S24, an SX, ZX, TZX,
various UPA cards and an MGX+ I feel comfortable saying that.  You can
watch individual scanlines being drawn.

This is mostly due to the extremely slow interface between the host board
and the GT unit itself.  Some things like clearing the screen are
relatively quick due to the inclusion of a dedicated fast clear bitplane.

-James