[SunRescue] MP3 collections

Simeon Johnston rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Feb 23 14:51:03 CST 2001

I use almost all macs at work along with a couple of Linux machines and an SGI
w/ Irix - no video.  Thankfully not any windows machines in my department.  We
take the last hour of every friday, work permiting, and start a
UnrealTournament intranet game with almost all G4's.
I love to watch the G4's copy to the drives on the SGI.  It's faster of the 100
BaseT than it is to external SCSI drives.  At least twice as fast.

Peter Wargo wrote:

> on 2/23/01 6:25 AM, Simeon Johnston at simeonuj at eetc.com wrote:
>
> > A man after my own heart :-)
> > Wish I could get a G4.  Only got and imac DV 400.
>
> Still not a bad system... I will admit, the G4/500 in the den is damn fast,
> though.  I can rip MP3's at 5x while also playing them back.  (using
> soundjam)

Have you tried iTunes yet?  It is really cool.

> It's an interesting house we have - other than the 386i's, no intel boxes in
> sight - just Macs and Suns...
>
> -Pete

I dream of the day I can get rid of windows.  The only sun machines I have
worked on are a SS10 without video and I have a SS2 that won't start up.  I am
trying to get the SS2 to work in my spare time.  I enjoy working with linux and
once worked on a Indigo2 w/ Irix 6.5.
Sorry for the OT but I did at least mention Sun hardware.

sim