[SunRescue] Half height drives.

Tim Harrison rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Feb 21 19:16:49 CST 2001

Mike Nicewonger wrote:

> Searching for IBM disk help is a pain. Even worse since you can never find
> the model by it's traditional IBM part number. I suspect it is an 0662 or
> 0663 series drive. Look here:

Yeah, nice how you can't find the part even by part number.  It must be
some secret plan to keep their support lines busy or somesuch.

> http://www.storage.ibm.com/techsup/hddtech/table.htm
> Go to the bottom of the page to where it says "Other IBM disk drives" I'd
> bet it is there. If not that model there are not too many ~1gb drives listed
> so it is on that page somewhere.

Led me right to them (even though the only common denominator was a tiny
M1H on the disk. :P

Wanna swap disks? ;)  I'll trade you my "nice and big, won't fit in my
damned SS2s" disks for some "nice and smaller, still 50-pin, and fit
nicely into SS2s" disks. :)  Or, I'll just have to buy some from you.

I assume those Seagates you have on your site are of the 50-pin
persuasion?

--

Tim Harrison
Network Administrator