[SunRescue] Half height drives.

Tim Harrison rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Feb 21 18:09:18 CST 2001

Mike Nicewonger wrote:

> The 1 inch drives are 1/3 height.

Hrmm.  Then I'm officially a dumbass.

> There is no reason the half height 1.6 inch drives won't work in the SS2.
> Most SS2's came with half height in them.

Alright, I think I can shoehorn them in.  Now, the next problem is:

The disks I have are OEM'ed IBM 75G3577 disks.  I can't find any
information on jumper settings or any such stuff.  A Google search came
up with three links, one being a question on how to get these drives
running in a Sun box (no answers), and the rest have no valid
information in parts.  I can't find any information on IBM's site (what
are the odds), either.  Anyone know of these?

> Look at it again. I am sure you are missing the eureka bit.

<sniffs armpits>

I do not!

Yeah, as I say, I might be able to shoehorn these in.  However, I'm
still struggling with jumpers and the like.

Got any 50-pin 2G disks you want to trade? :)  I have three of these
beasts.

--

Tim Harrison
Network Administrator