[SunRescue] UNIMOG!

Chris Petersen rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Feb 21 17:51:59 CST 2001

> US VERSION!
>
> http://cnnfn.cnn.com/2001/02/21/companies/unimog/
>
> --
> Bill Bradford
> mrbill at mrbill.net
> Austin, TX

Hrmm, I saw this a while back, but can't seem to find the full-blown product
page at Freightliner again...

Anyways, more links:

Details about Freightliner & the new US 'Mog:
http://www.freightliner.com/corp/eng_tech/unimog.asp

Product brochure:
http://www.freightliner.com/images/corp/unimog_brochure.pdf

Some 4wd club's demo day on the new US 'Mog:
http://www.2bigbroncos.org/special/unimog2001/

A general Unimog links page (Rocky Mountain Moggers):
http://home.att.net/~rldp/links.htm

The original announcement (now gone for some reason):
http://freightlinertrucks.com/about_us/press_room/press_release.asp?id=255

They apparently pulled this announcement, which was a shame, because it had
much better pictures :)  I saw this one back in January...Word must've
gotten out too soon or something...

Apparently one of the first applications is an American LaFrance (the fire
engine mfg. owned by Freightliner) wilderness fire-fighting rig:
http://www.freightliner.com/corp/press_release.asp?id=221

Chris

--
Chris Petersen
Systems Engineer, Industry Services, Unigraphics Solutions Inc.
Email: havoc at apk.net